Comments by bbh29
  1. 1

The researchers suggested that abnormally high or low levels of Iron are linked to age-related conditions. They also speculate that one reason why red meat may be correlated to disease is due to its high iron content.

1. 1

I am curious if one could try to mimic this effect to a minimal degree by drinking additional water and supplementing with electorlytes, sodium, and albumin.

I did see in a study that Proteinuria was reduced in subjects after restricting fluid intake. One would think that the opposite might occur (i.e., protein excretion) with increased fluid intake.

1. 1

Perhaps the diet with most epidemiological evidence to date for being the best diet is the Blue Zone Diet. The Blue Zone Diet is a 95% -100% plant based diet and has several other guidelines. Epidemiologists, demographers, and researchers identified hotspots where people generally lived the longest and healthiest. They labeled these areas as Blue Zones and identified the dietary habits of the residents. For the experts out there, does any other diet have better epidemiological support with respect to longevity? I am puzzled as to why researchers do not mention the Blue Zones and the dietary practices therein when this topic is discussed. It seems like Paleo, Keto and Plant Paradox enthusiasts like to bury this info. For more information, see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6125071/

1. 1

No one is going to know the answer without a definitive study on the subject. However, given that most of the sauna studies come out of Finland, and many sauna bathers in Finland do a cold shock through some form of cold water therapy immediately after sauna, really cold water is unlikely to reduce the benefits of sauna. Perhaps the traditional cold shock is responsible for some of the the reputed sauna benefits.

If you do not have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, you might jump in the pool immediately after Sauna. (Unless your pool is really cold, you’re probably not simulating the traditional cold shock (e.g. , jumping into a frozen lake). If you’re without medical issues, consider experimenting to determine what seems to produce the most endorphins and makes you feel best.

1. 1

I have wondered what impact no calorie autophagy stimulating substances (e.g., certain teas, supplements) would have when taken during an otherwise water fast. My guess is that no studies have been performed and that no one really knows with certainty what the outcome would be