Comments by JWS
  1. 1

What can be done to combat this? My little guy had to have two surgeries before 18months. He’s 12 now and I’d like to give him the biggest advantage I can.

1. 1

What would cause a deficiency in taurine, thereby requiring supplementation with it? If it’s found in high concentration in humans, does this translate?

1. 1

Does it matter that it’s lower in grass-fed butter and cheeses compared to natto? With a high intake of K2 being in the 50-60 mcg range and benefits seen at just a few micrograms, do we really need high doses unless it’s a therapeutic situation? I’ve tried to find how much K2 is contained in butter, grass-fed meats, eggs, etc but I’m having a hard time finding the numbers.

1. 1

I made a chart some time ago comparing various foods. To give you an idea: chicken breast has ~9micrograms (MK4) per 3.5oz; egg yolk has 31micrograms per 6 eggs; fermented cheeses have 50micrograms (MK9) per 100g; Natto has 1mg (MK7) per 100g. Not sure how much in butter but don’t think it is more than concentration in chicken breast. Gene polymorphisms play a role in how calcium and vitamin D levels and disease state all play a role in how much k2 we need.