* Download comes with a free subscription to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe any time. You will not get duplicate emails if you download more than one report.

Comments by woody42
  1. 1

In looking at the article they were using 50 minutes of exercise 3 days a week. I wonder if 25 minutes 6 days a week would be as good or better or are there any proven advantages to longer less frequent aerobic workouts?

1. 1

Interesting that this was about adults. I saw this article about children and how full fat milk protected them from developing obesity and diabetes.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191230104810.htm

1. 1

This is very interesting. In the past I have used blue light exposure to treat my seasonal effective disorder sometimes just called the winter blues. But I assumed it was just the light reaching the retina that was important. But I did read another article like this saying a bright blue light applied to the back of the knew could be used to reset the circadian clock.

1. 1

This was odd in that it’s almost opposite from what many of us follow but if you read the article the health benefits were outstanding.

1. 1

I believe most of us already have some of this healthy bacteria and can enhance it’s growth my taking the soluble fiber InulinFOS . Also this article also mentions some other plant compounds as well as omega3 as raising our levels of this bacteria. It’s also interesting that metformin may increase the level of this bacteria and one of the possible side effects of metformin diarrhea may respond to taking InulinFOS. But one question I have is is there a readily available source of this probiotic as all the formulas I have looked at are lacking this strain of bacteria. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19490976.2016.1142036?src=recsys

1. 1

I might be mistaken but I beleve the 1982 book Life Extentsion by Durk Pearson discuses the drug Hydergine . Among other things this drug is a strong antioxident that Pearson believed could cause the brain to form some new nurions. This drug was sometimes perscribed at .5mg a day for early dementia. But a few people experemented with using it in the 10 to 20 mg a day dose and unexpectidly if they had hearing loss it ofton cleared up.

1. 1

I haven’t been getting much omega 3 in my diet. I know that plasma levels of omega 3 respond rather rapidly to increased intakes of omega 3 . But how rapidly after taking more omega 3 in the diet and or supplementing with krill oil would it take to correct any shortage in the brain. Would you expect significant changes in brain omega 3 levels after a week or 2 of higher intake or would this take many months.

1. 1

The study used kale juice would it be necessary to use juice would these compounds still be available from cooked kale and would the cooking harm these compounds ?

1. 1

I started taking 5,000 IU of vitamin D a day about 5 years ago. On my next eye exam I found my myopia was better and I required a weaker prescription. The following 2 years I had to have weaker and weaker prescriptions for my myopia. All in all I went from seeing 20/80 to 20/30 except if I skip the vitamin D for a couple of weeks my vision suffers till I start back taking it. Sorry it only helps myopia I still need reading glasses.

1. 1

Has any work been done on how often to take sulforaphane ? That is would it be best to just take several times a day or just a couple of times a week ?

1. 1

Being 69 years old I found this very interesting. I saw that there is another longer abstract of this study. When I look at it I noticed something I found strange. The placebo group had a change in there lean body mass from 50 k to 49.5 k where as the subjects taking resveratrol had there lean body mass decrease from 48.5 k to 46.5 k . https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5861947/

1. 1

Thank you!!!

1. 1

On the FMD you limit yourself to 16g of PLANT based protein per day. Notice it’s not just a limit to how much protein but the source of that protein. Taking those amenos while on the FMD would probably be the worst thing you could do exercise or no exercise they would just stop autophagy.

1. 1

Two things you may want to try is limiting your exposure to bright and especially blue light in the evenings. The free program F.LUX will let you turn the blue light coming from your computer screen down or if you have Windows 10 it has a built in application ( night light ) to do this. And you may want to try taking a SMALL dose of melatonin right before bed. Notice I said small dose as most experts recommend something in the 1mg or less range as being better than larger doses.

1. 1

This was very interesting especialy the effect on blood pressure . But is there an easy way to deal with all the garlic odor without using an expensive deodorized form of garlic.

1. 1

I found this interesting but I am following time restricted eating , eating nothing after 4pm. Would taking 10mg of aspirin at bedtime mess up my fasting window ? Oh I know it’s easy to say anything other than water during the fasting window is bad but in practice wouldn’t it take some minimum amount of a substance to break the fast or did those 3 airborne grains of pollen that landed in my water break my fast !

1. 1

The concentration of Tomatidine found ripe tomatoes is rather low but rather high in green or cherry tomatoes. And although not eaten as a rule the tomato stalks and leaves also contain a lot of tomatidine.

1. 1

Or as Rhonda has mentioned you can use just a bit of mustard powder. I bought some broccoli sprout powder and I take a small amount of it with just a tiny bit of mustard powder but man does it taste bad !

1. 1

I have seen a couple of articles about this and it brings to mind that while that cup of green tea may be very healthy like in the post Rondia made about a cup of it lowering DNA damage perhaps caution should be employed when using mega doses. So I wonder if adding some vitamin C or Piperine to enhance it’s bioavility is such a good idea after all.

1. 1

Very interesting that S. Panda considers anything other than water even black coffee as breaking the fast. I had been doing a sloppy version of time restricted eating. I was having diner by 5pm but between then and 11pm I might consume a few cups of coffee and perhaps 100 calories from a very small piece of sugar free dark chocolate. Two weeks after eliminating everything but water after 6pm my diabetes seems to be in better controle.